Have you ever struggled to get in the best shape of your life? Do you wish you had insider information on how to achieve your fitness goals much sooner? If the answer to one of these questions is yes, then continue reading to learn how a grocery list is the secret ingredient you’ve been missing.
Preparedness leads to better decision making
It’s no secret that the shopping experience is chaotic right now and efficiency is key when stepping outside of your home. We are currently asked to:
- Wear a mask
- Follow direction arrows for each aisle (enter this way or do not enter!)
- Stand 6 feet away from other shoppers
- And, sanitize, sanitize, sanitize…
It’s A LOT. With an organized grocery list, this chaos can feel like a breeze.
Being prepared with a grocery list not only leads to a quicker shopping experience, but it helps to keep you focused. Think of your last shopping experience without a grocery list. How easy was it for you to grab the bogo cookies, the extra-large bag of chips, and all the snacks you never knew you needed until that very moment? We’ve been there too, and we know how quickly you can walk out of the store with way more than you intended to get and with very few items of healthy value.
Having a list helps you visually assess the food you’re buying and can serve as a quick reminder of what you’ll be putting into your body. Make sure that you’re able to see a good number of veggies, fruits, and lean meats, and a lower amount of high fats and sweets. Your future self will thank you.
Tips for creating your ideal grocery list
- ALERT! ALERT! – Avoid creating your list when you’re hungry. The same goes for shopping. You’re more likely to add/buy more than you need during this time.
- Determine what your meals and snacks will be before you make your list.
- Ask yourself, “What fruits should I buy?” “What veggies do I need?” “What meats do my meals need this week?”
Additional Benefits of a grocery list
- It makes the rest of your life and week run smoothly.
- Minimizes decision making
- Helps you stay on track with body goals and health goals
So, the next time you’re preparing to go grocery shopping, make sure to plan out and bring along your grocery list.
Click here to download your free sample grocery list and use it for your next grocery store visit!